We encourage all of our suppliers to use the 12 Principles of Green Chemistry to inspire innovation. Designing and producing materials around these principles can be used at any stage in the supply chain.
Generally accepted by the industry, *Paul Anastas and John Warner developed these principles as a framework to consider how to prevent pollution when inventing new chemicals and materials. More detail can be found online at ACS- Green Chemistry.
- Atom Economy
- Less Hazardous Chemical Syntheses
- Designing Safer Chemicals
- Safer Solvents and Auxiliaries
- Design for Energy Efficiency
- Use of Renewable Feedstocks
- Reduce Derivatives
- Design for Degradation
- Real-time analysis for Pollution Prevention
- Inherently Safer Chemistry for Accident Prevention
* Anastas, P. T.; Warner, J. C.; Green Chemistry: Theory and Practice, Oxford University Press: New York, 1998, p.30. (Retrieved from American Chemistry Society online)